Menthe Tambuli is a healthy dish made from Fenugreek seeds, Coconut and Curd.
Tambuli is a medium spicy dish usually consumed with hot rice.
This is an authentic Maland dish, made usually in the homes of people in the region of Western ghats (Sringeri, Shivamoga, Sagara..).
- 1/2 tea Spoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 small bowl grated coconut
- 1 red chili
- 1 big bowl Curd
- Mustard seeds, Curry leaves for tempering
- Salt as per taste
How To :
- fry the fenugreek seeds for 2mins.
- In a mixer add grated coconut, fried fenugreek seeds, 1 red chili, and grid it to a fine paste.
- Mix the grind mixture along with curd and salt as per your taste.
- for tempering add oil in a small pan, once the oil heats add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let it splatter for few seconds then add to the above mixture.
- Serve with hot rice.
This recipe was shared to me by my mom.