Simple and easy rice dish for lunch or dinner, Most commonly made in South Indian homes. Lemon Rice or ಚಿತ್ರಾನ್ನ (Chitranna) as called in Kannada.
- 1 big bowl Rice Cooked
- 3 Onions Medium Sized
- 2 Tomato’s Medium Sized
- 4 Green Chilies
- 1/4 bowl Green peas
- Mustard seeds, Curry leaves, Urad dal (split), Channa dal for Tempering
- 3 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1 small bowl grated coconut
- Salt as per taste
How To :
- Cook rice and keep it aside so that it cools.
- Chop Onion, Tomato & green chilies.
- In a kadai or pan add 3 tbsp of oil, once its heated added Mustard seeds, Curry leaves, Urad dal (split), Channa dal.
- Once it starts to splatter add onions and green chilies and saute for 2mins.
- Now add tomatoes and green peas, saute for 1min and add 1tea spoon of turmeric powder and saute till the aroma of turmeric vanishes.
- Lower the flame and add rice, grated coconut, salt and mix well.
- Remove the pan from stove and add the lemon juice and Mix.
Serve when hot. you can enjoy lemon rice with side dish like Majjge Huli or Raita.