Welcome to today’s post. it’s a yummy South Indian dish Bisibelebath, made with Veggies, Rice, lentils and bisibelebath masala.
- Different Vegetables of your choice (here I used Carrot, Green peas, Beans, Potato & Tomato).
- Rice 1 Cup.
- lentils (Pigeon Pea/ Toor Dal ) or ತೊಗರಿ ಬೇಳೆ in Kannada.
- BisibeleBath masala powder. (here i used homemade masala powder prepared by my mum-in-law, you can also use store brought powder as well. I shall share the recipe of the powder sometime soon).
- Oil for sauting the vegetables and seasoning.
- Salt as per taste.
- Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp of oil and mustard seeds for seasoning.
- Add all the veggies one by one and saute for 10minutes.
- Now add rice and lentils in 4:1 ratio and saute along with the veggies for 2 minutes.
- Add the bisibelebath Masala powder 2 to 3 tbsp and mix well.
- Now add sufficient amount of water for rice, veggies and lentils to cook. It should be little mushy in consistency.
- Pressure cook it for up to 3 whistles.
Mix well and while serving add little ghee on top and serve with Potato Chips as a side dish.