Tambuli is an authentic Maland dish. For this recipe I have used two different types of green leaves Basale Soppu, Chakramuni Soppu.
Basale Soppu also called as Malabar Spinach is a very good source of Vitamins, Iron & Calcium. Chakramuni Soppu also called Vitamin Soppu is a very rich source of Vitamins and helpful to cure bronchitic disease.
This recipe is taken from my mom’s cook book.
- Basale Soppu and Chakramuni Soppu
- Cumin Seeds.
- Grated coconut.
- Salt as per your taste.
- Mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilies and oil for tempering.
How To :
- In a iron kadai add cumin/ jeera seeds, pepper and 1 tea spoon ghee and fry for 15 seconds.
2. Now add the cleaned and washed Basale & Chakramuni Soppu and fry them till they become mushy.
3. In a blender add the fried leaves along with freshly grated coconut and grind to a fine paste.
4. Mix well with curd and before serving add the tempering.